Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complete anonymous web surfing screwed up RDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2005
CA
I have windows xp pro and I have always been able to connect to my home computer from work using remote desktop Connection, until I used a program called Complete anonymous web surfing. I used Complete anonymous web surfing a couple times and now I can't connect to my computer. Complete anonymous web surfing is no longer running on my computer and I have restarted my computer a couple times thinking it would help but it hasn't. Nothing has changed on the computer at my work. I have tried from a couple other computers but I still get the same error. "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections" Any Ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

check your connection settings.
CAWS changes the LAN and dialup setting to use a localhost proxy (so that it will use the proxy selected by CAWS to connect).
Uncheck Proxy server in 'Internet options - Connections' LAN or Dialup

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

I too could connect to my home machine via terminal services (RDC), until one day I could not. I found out my organization started blocking outgoing port 3389.

Check with your network admin and ensure they haven't started blocking the port.

[ponder]hmmm. Like barehug said make sure the proxy option is not checked then troubleshoot from there. If your using a router/firewall check the port settings. If you installed RDWCS, see if you can connect through the browser using active x.
[afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back