Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon842002

Programmer
Oct 24, 2001
US
i compiled a game using qbasic 4.5, but then i couldn't compile another one. i tried downloading v. 7.1 but it didn't work. where can i find a good version (for free) and how come one program got compiled but another didn't?

When u tried compiling the second game what exactly happened? qb must have given u an error. Please mention it so some one can help.

As for a good source to download qb4.5 or qb7.1 please search with keywords like qb4.5, download, free, complete version etc.

P.S. I think u must have accidentally deleted some files which were required by qb when u tried compiling the second game.

The most common errors of qb that causes the program not to compile are:
1)maybe your program uses mouse routines. Try running qb.exe again with the /l option
2)not enough memory. Maybe some lines you typed are too long or some arrays are too big. Try running again with the /ah option
3)too many comments. I don't know why, but if you put too many REM lines or comments with ' , in compiling fase qb doesn't like them too much

These are only a few of the errors it might have given you. It is needed that you read what specific error qb returns.
This is a game. Who is the toy?
.:: PZ ::.

Could be something happened to your hard disk, run SCANDISK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back