Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiling 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasniper

Programmer
Apr 11, 2001
US
I'm taking over the JSP maintenance for someone who no longer works at my company, and I need to re-compile some java files.

They seem to be simple java files that extend HttpRequest, but when I try and compile them with javac, it complains that it can't find javax.servlet.

Isn't javax a standard part of the SDK? I should only have to point my CLASSPATH to /opt/j2sdk/lib right? Or do I have to point it somewhere else?

No javax.servlet is not part of J2SE. It is a piece of the J2EE pie. You should have those classes somewhere in your Web Container's lib directory, which Web Container are you using? Also putting a directory on the CLASSPATH will only work if the classes are not jared. If they are in a jar, that jar must to explicitly placed on the CLASSPATH.

Oh, in my Web Contianer's lib directory.

I'm trying to convert to JRun 3.1, so it should be in /opt/jrun31/lib?

Looking in /opt/jrun31/lib, there's a bunch of .jar files in there. KNow which one javax is in? Or should I just go extracting them to find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back