Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiling Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyhunt

Technical User
Jul 18, 2005
US
Hi. First off, sorry for the stupid question. I am a new user to Java. I am currently using JBuilder to go through some exercises. The exercises are using the command prompt and are asking me to just compile my program and not use the interpreter. I am not sure how to do this in JBuilder. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

There is plenty of 'help' within JBuilder. I suggest you take the time to read through some of it if you are going to make productive use of the product.

If you are learning Java, I would further recommend that you follow the exercises verbatim rather than use JBuilder. Have a go compiling from the command line. I'd get acquainted with the language a bit before tackling IDEs. They bring their own complexity to the party, and can tend to obscure some of the understanding required to be a good Java developer.

Tim
---------------------------
"Your morbid fear of losing,
destroys the lives you're using." - Ozzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back