Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiling PRO*C on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisp

Programmer
Aug 5, 2001
GB
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience compiling Pro*C on Windows 7?

Specifically, I'm trying (and failing) to compile any Pro*C at all using Dev-C++. I do not have Visual Studio installed, nor can I.

I have installed the Oracle Instant Client 11.2.0.4.0, but all I can get from the precompiler are error messages along the lines of:

C:
Error at line 9, column 10 in file C:\Program Files (x86)\Dev-Cpp\MinGW64\x86_64-w64-mingw32\include\stdio.h
#include <crtdefs.h>
PCC-S-02015, unable to open include file

This is despite me setting the include option to point to the MingW64 include directory.

Can anyone provide any pointers for me please (pun intended...)?

I think the problem is with the bracketed term (x86) in your path. Windows 7 and Oracle 11 just don't like them. Can you show exact command you are using to precompile the code.

In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.

Thanks for the quick response @taupirho.

Thats the answer to my original question, thanks! Now I'm struggling with include files - theres a few around with the latest DEV-C++ so I need to experiment a bit more. The Pro*C precompiler doesn't like most of the includes that are available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back