Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiling Perl 5.36.0 fails on OS X 10.5.8 PowerPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahven

Systems Engineer
Mar 21, 2023
FI
I need a newer version of Perl to an Apple Power G5 running OS X 10.5.8. The system is supposed to be standard with all the updates Apple provides and the latest XCode available to it.

I'm trying to install Perl 5.36.0 from source tar ball following this guide:

After unpacking the tar ball with
[pre]gunzip < perl-5.36.0.tar.gz | tar xfv -[/pre]

I run:
[pre]SDK=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk ./Configure -Dprefix=$HOME/opt/perl -Uloclibpth -Dlibpth=/usr/lib -Accflags="-nostdinc -B$SDK/usr/include/gcc -B$SDK/usr/lib/gcc -isystem$SDK/usr/include -F$SDK/System/Library/Frameworks" -Aldflags="-Wl,-syslibroot,$SDK" -de[/pre]

I have tried many other ways also but [tt]make[/tt] always fails with:

[pre]cc -c -std=gnu99 -fno-common -DPERL_DARWIN -nostdinc -B/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk//usr/include/gcc -B/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk//usr/lib/gcc -isystem/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk//usr/include -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector -I/opt/local/include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -Wall -Wextra -Wno-long-long -Wno-declaration-after-statement -Wwrite-strings -Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration -O3 -DVERSION=\"1.52\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.52\" "-I../.." -DLIBC="" DynaLoader.c
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration"
make[1]: *** [DynaLoader.o] Error 1
cc -c -std=gnu99 -fno-common -DPERL_DARWIN -nostdinc -B/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk//usr/include/gcc -B/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk//usr/lib/gcc -isystem/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk//usr/include -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk//System/Library/Frameworks -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector -I/opt/local/include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -Wall -Wextra -Wno-long-long -Wno-declaration-after-statement -Wwrite-strings -Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration -O3 -DVERSION=\"1.52\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.52\" "-I../.." -DLIBC="" DynaLoader.c
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration"
make[1]: *** [DynaLoader.o] Error 1
Unsuccessful make(ext/DynaLoader): code=512 at make_ext.pl line 584.
make: *** [DynaLoader.o] Error 25[/pre]

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back