Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compiling mod_jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

back2db

Technical User
Jun 17, 2005
CZ
i am trying to connect apache 2 to tomcat 6. i downloaded and tried to compile tomcat-connectors-1.2.26. it compiles and installs /local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so but when starting httpd, i get

Cannot load /local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so into server: rtld: 0712-001 Symbol __mcount was referenced\n from module /local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so(), but a runtime definition\n\t of the symbol was not found.

i read many a post but I did not find out how to compile the module without a requirement for __mcount or how to make it find it.

aix 5.3, xlc

Your LIBPATH list probably needs an addition:

[tt]:/local/apache2/modules/[/tt]

HTH,

p5wizard

> Your LIBPATH list probably needs an addition:
> :/local/apache2/modules/

I am not entirely sure what you mean. during run time, this does not help to find Symbol __mcount and during compile time it does not eliminate the reference to Symbol __mcount

> it compiles and installs /local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so

You created a runtime (so = shared object) library. So at run time, httpd needs to be able to locate and reference objects in that library. So the directory that library is in must be in your LIBPATH environment variable I should think.

HTH,

p5wizard

Thank you for your patience. i do not think that that is the problem, though. (I tried it anyway) .

mod_jk, which is in the library you refer to, cannot load not because it is not found but because it cannot find the runtime reference to Symbol __mcount

OK, after (re-)reading your post again and some googleing, it seems that __mcount is related to profiling. Do you have bos.adt.prof installed?

HTH,

p5wizard

You are extremely helpful, thanks and you are right.

However, what I wanted was NOT to run profiling but compile mod_jk without it.

I gave up, went to another machine, compiled, copied and am up and running.

Again, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back