Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiling error in the base Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiacoF

Programmer
May 15, 2024
IT
Hi,

After I add some code, in particular a new procedure in the main PRG that I call from another method in a form, when build I receive the following error/warinng -> Visual Class Library
\_base.vcx has the following errors:
Program SETOBJRF - Undefined

I didn't touch the base class and never see that function anywhere. The only thing that comes to my mind is the parameter that I'm passing trough the methods. I used a variable before and then I read about EXTERNAL command, so I tried to use EXTERNAL ARRAY and pass an array instead of a variable. However nothing changed.

This below is a sample of how I'm doing the calls:

PRG in which there is the procedure Check_delay()
Code:
EXTERNAL ARRAY aResult

..... some code to fill the array, then return the 1st element ...

DIMENSION aResult[1]    
aResult[1] = cFilter

return aResult

FORM METHOD

Code:
DIMENSION cFilter[1]
cFilter[1]= Check_delay()

IF !EMPTY(cFilter)
 ShowContrattiPec(.F., .F., .F.,cFilter)
ENDIF

Did anyone encounter this error? Thanks in advance for any help!

SETOBJRF.PRG is a program in the FFC sub-directory (the same directory that contains _base.vcx). It is called from many places in _base.vcx, but (as far as I can see) only when running in the development environment.

So I am wondering if you can just ignore the message. What happens after you see the messasge? Does the build proceed to completion? If so, are you able to run the APP or EXE?

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Hello,

we have setobjrf.prg in the code section of our projects.
I cannot remember whether we put in manually or if it was done by VFP on project (re)creation

Regards
tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back