Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiling ActiveX EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

keenanbr

Programmer
Oct 3, 2001
IE
I have inherited an ActiveX EXE from someone who is no longer with the company. I have made all the components read/write but when I try to compile, the .exe is created but I get the error message 'Permission denied'. The .exe's name is 'Quotemaster.exe' and this is included in the 'Related Documents'.

The program compiles on another machine without any problems.

can anyone shed any light onn this?

Regards,

Do you have the full permissions to be able to write to your computer's registry?

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
You can hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters. - Eric Cartman

Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244: How to get the best answers before posting.

yes i have full permission to write to registry

the 'Permission Denied' error also occurs in the IDE as soon as i hit F8 to debug.

What user groups are you a member of on your local machine?

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
You can hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters. - Eric Cartman

Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244: How to get the best answers before posting.

I am in the Administrators Group. If I change the app to a standard exe ot works fine.

I rebuilt the pc in question and the problem has gone away. I guess I'm not going to find the cause but thanks for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back