Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiler Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamayo

Programmer
Aug 29, 2003
US
I finally got my scripts working but now that they work my compilers dont. The first one I have is Dev-C++ and the other is Microsoft Visual Basic Enterprise. Dev-C++ just blinks really fast. It displays the right thing but goes off right away. The Microsoft one always adds a press any key to continue to the program even though I dont have any idea how to make that yet.

OK, so it lookslike the compiler is working but your code isn't ?

What error messages do you get, and if your code is small, want to post it ?, and also list what compile options you have set. (And with the MS compiler, what kind of project did you build, and how does it compare with the output)

K

Sounds like you have a console application. Since applications are nothing more than a function, if that function exits so does the application. Upon exiting the window will close. If you want to stop the function from exiting you have to write the code to do that.

If you use a different project type i.e., MFC Dialog then the wizard and framework will supply many lines of code for you that accomplish this and the window will open and stay open until the user closes it.

I highly recommend a book targeting beginners for anyone starting out C++ Windows development.

-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back