Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

?!? Compiler for 3.1, but working in NT ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chika

Technical User
Jun 27, 2000
US
Ok....more &quot;help&quot; problems....<br><br>first of all, WinHelp doesn't recognize my help file as being a help file....it has been compiled and shows up in windows explorer with type &quot;help file&quot;, so i don't know what's wrong....when I call the file from vb, I get a message stating that &quot;this is not a windows help file&quot; and then another that says something like &quot;a newer version of winhelp is needed to view&quot;...<br><br>2nd....I can't seem to get my compiler to work...I'm using the hc31.exe to try and compile a really basic help file and it's compiling, but i end up with a 0 kb file.<br><br>I'm trying to compile a more complex help file using VH Pro (a shareware help program that's supposed to make my life easier), which I'm supposed to be able to call from a VB3 program....and that led to my first problem....<br><br>anyway nothing works....i was wondering if anyone has had problems with their help compiler(hc31.exe, hcp.exe, hcw.exe, etc.) and WinHelp while working in Windows NT....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back