Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiled VB Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2001
NZ
I'm creating a VB appln, where i have FORMS with (*.wmf) pictures loaded onto it. I have around 20 Forms like this now and this is expected to become even more. So when i compile my appln, the size of the EXE file is already 2mb.

I know that i can have the picture files stored separately and load them onto the Forms dynamically during the run-time. But I didn't want to do that for some reasons. So i wanted to know is there a way for having a compiled version of the FORMS (with the picture) and use them in my VB appln during run-time.

if you have the pictures loaded into a imagelist or a picture property of some object (to include a form) then you can share that picture via that imagelist or picture property.

ie Form1 has a picture loaded into its picture property you can do this in form2

Set me.picture = form1.picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back