Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiled reports on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2000
US
Has anyone had success running compiled reports on a Windows XP machine?

Works fine for me. I'm running Windows XP Pro, CR8.5 and Cr9, and I've installed the Cr8.0 compile and distribution wizard.

I also have Office XP and Visual Studio 6 and Vs.NET on the same PC, in case that is relevant. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Hi Howard and Kevin,

The compile report feature adds a new menu item to Cr8.5 to Compile and Distribute reports. It looks identical to the feature in CR7. The items are added to the Report Menu inside CR8.5.

No changes to Cr9 appeared after I installed the patch. So I guess that opens a big opportunity to those of us who've developed report veiwers for sale.

Regards

Bruce Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Bruce and Howard
Thanks for all your help.
I've determined that I can run compiled reports using CR8.5 and Windows XP. Where the trouble starts is using Oracle drivers. Have you been able to get this combination, CR8.5 and Windows XP, to run using Oracle drivers?

PS. Am I to understand that Compiled reports do not work in CR9 or their is a secret way to compile them?

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I just upgraded to Windows XP, after installing CR9, my reports that have BLOB fields stopped working (They worked under Win 2000). Crystal's solution is to use the Crystal ODBC Oracle driver, not the Windows driver. This fixed the issue for me.

Bob

CR9 reports will need a 3rd party report viewer like my cView.

The Crystal Decision is that all report delivery is going to be via a browser. When I see Excel, Word, and Visio running inside a browser I might start to agree with them. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back