Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiled Java Program Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4ghg

Technical User
Dec 25, 2001
US
I have created a Java based menu system for a CD that I want to distribute to friends and family. My compiler (Jabaco) has added an EXE wrapper to the menu file. Since I don't know if the end user has Java, I think I should add some java run-time files to the CD, but I am not sure which files to add (i.e., Java.exe or Javaw.exe) and how to make my menu recognize the java run-time files. Any suggesting as to which files to add and how to associate them with my EXE menu would be appreciated.

Thank You... Ronnie

It is a pity that you didn't search for any of the hundreds of ready-made, existing, and easily configurable cd-menu programs, but created your own :(

The chances that Joe Average has Java installed, and will allow it to run an unknown program from your CD is close to none. Unless clear instructions are included. But they still need to have Java installed...

Hi Tonhu - I agree with you and my first choice was to find an existing CD menu program. Unfortunitly I could not find one that meets my needs and the one's that did wanted to much money for registration. Thanks for your reply. Ronnie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back