Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compiled & distributed report oddity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rena

Programmer
May 24, 2000
US
I have a situation that I am not sure I can explain but here goes:<br><br>I wrote a report for a user and once it was tested and ready to go, I compiled it and distributed it to his computer (via the setup.exe).&nbsp;&nbsp;This report contains two subreports.&nbsp;&nbsp;When we run the report, it pops two Report Selection windows after the initial window that always displays when you start a report.&nbsp;&nbsp;These two extra window are asking for a date.&nbsp;&nbsp;The fields it seems to be prompting for are in my select statement:<br><br>{canceled} = date(1899,12,30) and<br>{viclosed} = date(1899,12,30) or viclosed &gt; {@EndDate}<br><br>Note: date(1899,12,30) is how you check for &quot;blank&quot; dates in VisualFoxPro files.<br><br>There are other fields referenced in the select statement but no extra window pops up for them.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Once we get past these two windows then the window I coded to ask for a beginning and ending date is displayed and the program runs to normal completion.&nbsp;&nbsp;The output seems to be correct. <br><br>Has anybody experienced something simular to this?&nbsp;&nbsp;Any suggestions on how to make it stop displaying these two extra windows?<br><br>Thanks!

When you run your compiled report check the first screen that comes up to see if the 'Modify Selection Formula' is checked at the bottom of the screen.&nbsp;&nbsp;Make sure it is clicked off. <p>LindaC<br><a href=mailto:lcastner@co.orange.ny.us>lcastner@co.orange.ny.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Hi LindaC,<br><br>Thanks for the tip.&nbsp;&nbsp;That did it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is there some way to make that selection default to *off* and instead of *on*?<br><br>Thanks again!<br><br>

Not that I know of but I could be wrong - wouldn't be the first time.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you come up with a way let me know.&nbsp;&nbsp; <p>LindaC<br><a href=mailto:lcastner@co.orange.ny.us>lcastner@co.orange.ny.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Yes, you can default this to &quot;off.&quot;<br><br>Before you distribute the report, run the exe, and when the window comes up the first time, un-check the box.&nbsp;&nbsp;When you close the report, the setting is saved in the .CRF file, which is distributed with the report.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>(This is true of any settings on that initial report launch window as well, such as the window options, and the default printer.)<br><br>Also, once the user un-checks this box, it should stay that way the next time that person runs the report.<br><br>Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back