Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compile for 32 and 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterve

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2000
NL
Hi,

I have a small application (and a setup project associated with the application), that is using a specific custom dll.
The dll is specific for each platform, so I have a 32bit dll and a 64bit dll.

I want to create an installer for the 32bit and for the 64bit version. I know I can de-reference the dll from the main application, change the platform of the main applicatoin and of the setup application, and compile... but that takes some time

Is there a way to automate the build of both 32bit and 64bit versions of the setup ?

thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------
How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------

Create two setup projects?

Are the DLL's large? Just include both by default, and when the app runs, it checks which platform it is on, and calls the appropriate dll.

I tried adding both dll's as a reference, but when I try to add the second dll, it says that I have already loaded the dll

--------------------------------------------------------------------
How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------

are they .net DLL's ? if so they would have conflicting classes/namespaces, assuming they are the same thing, just compiled for different platforms. Try adding a "32" or "64" to the end of the class names if thats the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back