Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compile error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofit

Technical User
Nov 20, 2005
US
I have the following code:

'* Declaration Specifications *
'********************************
Dim nodcat As Node
'Node for Category
Dim nodCatCode As Node 'Node for Category Code

Dim nodCatValue As Node '######## Node for interval value '########

Dim i As Integer 'Working variable

Dim strKey As String 'Unique ID (key) for the node
Dim strPMInterval As String 'Title (name shown on tree)
Dim intPMIntervalValue As Integer '######## Value of interval ########

Dim rstPMS As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim rstINTERVALS As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim rstIntervalValues As New ADODB.Recordset '####### Create new recordset ######

The Dim nodcat as node line causes an error "compile error user defined type not defined. Other apps I have use the same code but work fine. Any thoughts?

Thanx in advance

It is exactly what the error is stating. You do not have a reference to a tree view so it throws a user defined error.

So the code is calling for a tree view but can't find it? I just want to understand

Thank you

There are external code libraries that access reads by setting references.

In a module window / VBE (visual basic editor), select the tools menu and select references. You will see a list of references Access knows about. Occasionally you might have to browse for a library that it does not see. You need to find the reference appropriate for the object giving the error and check it.

I personally do not know which library that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back