Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compile Error Can't find project or library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnie101

Technical User
Jun 23, 2002
AU
My apologies as I have already posted this in another thread but I do think that it was the wrong one so I will try again :)

O.k.
6 Machine network, server has access database(access 2000) and vb front end. The rest of the machines (all running access 2000) have shortcuts to this database/front-end and working fine. A extra machine was added to the network using Access XP (Ms stated that there were no compatibility issues as XP uses 2000 code?)a shortcut was added pointing to the shared database. Once run we got the error - Compile error can't find project or library. Now from this point all the other workstations now have the same error yet running the database from the server there is no problem. Access Xp or any other of the workstations running Access2000 will not allow the References option to be selected from the menu bar as it is greyed out, so I added the module from Access Knlowledge base (Q209849) to be able to loop through references (to display the offending references) with the following generated:
? referenceInfo
reference: VBA
Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL

reference: Access
Location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACC9.OLB

reference: Access
Location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACC9.OLB

reference: stdole

reference: utility
Location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\utility.mda

reference: DAO
Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll

reference: VBIDE
Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6EXT.OLB

I checked the pathways and the files were there so now I went and followed Knowledge Base (Q248941) article on How access 2000 resolves Visual Basic for applications references where it talks about adding the reference files to the SearchPath API for access to search for the reference file (this did not fix) and then added the suggested ReflibsPaths registry key then listing the references (this did not work).
Now iam confused on what to do know, it would be simpler to have the reference box to click on and select the missing references or somehow come up with another fix. Anyhelp that can be given would really be appreciated!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back