Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compile cdonts exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsand

Programmer
Aug 15, 2001
US
I have a cdonts program working on my machine using vb. I also have personal web server running. It is using my c:\inetpub\mailroot\queue. It works great.

The question I have is how can I compile this and put it on another machine? I have attempted to install and I get an active x error "Can't create object" I have the following files in my exe
bootstrap
File1=@VB6STKIT.DLL,$(WinSysPathSysFile
File2=@COMCAT.DLL,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(DLLSelfRegister)
File3=@STDOLE2.TLB,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(TLBRegister)
File4=@ASYCFILT.DLL,$(WinSysPathSysFile)
File5=@OLEPRO32.DLL,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(DLLSelfRegister)
File6=@OLEAUT32.DLL,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(DLLSelfRegister)
File7=@msvbvm60.dll,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(DLLSelfRegister)
[Setup1 Files]
File1=@MSMAPI32.OCX,$(WinSysPath),$(DLLSelfRegister),$(Shared
File2=@cdonts.dll,$(WinSysPath),$(DLLSelfRegister),$(Shared
File3=@dao360.dll,$(WinSysPath),$(DLLSelfRegister),$(Shared
File4=@Project1.exe,$(AppPath

Just for kicks I tried to install on my iis server and the mail goes into the badmail folder with the error

Unable to deliver this message because the following error was encountered: "This message is a delivery status notification that cannot be delivered.".

The specific error code was 0xC00402C7.

The message sender was <>.

Here is my code for the objnewmail
objnewmail.Send &quot;xx@xx.com&quot;, email, &quot;Sales for &quot; & Company & &quot; &quot;
(Email is a email address pulled from a db)

Can anyone point in the right direction as to why this compiled version is working on my 2000 machine, and not my iis 2000 server machine?
If I install on a client machine what do I need to do to point it to my iis smtp server?

Thanks!!!!
Sorry for the long message, I hope I covered everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back