Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compilation issue with Tomcat 4.1 & Eclipse 3.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tktpnewbie

Technical User
Jan 17, 2011
US
Hello,

I need to do JSP debugging in an older application that uses Tomcat 4.1 and jdk 1.4.1 This is running on Windows XP. I am using Eclipse 3.2.1. When Tomcat compiles the JSP page, it generates the Java file with the package name as "package org.apache.jsp;". But the actual directory structure under which the generated class is created is like "...Tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\AppName\main". When I try to do build using Eclipse, it is giving compilation error because it is expecting the package name to be "package org.apache.jsp.main;". What can I do to make Tomcat generate the proper package name withing the Java class and also to generate under the corresponding directory structure i.e. ""...Tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\AppName\org\apache\jsp\main"?

PS: The application runs fine. But, I cannot use Eclipse to deubug the JSPs.

Thanks for your help or any pointers you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back