Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compilation error..Expected Identifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeborahA

Technical User
Jun 13, 2000
CA
www.waterbedandfuton.com
Hi,
I have a site that is e-commerce enabled using an Access database. I recently added a new processor to a page in my ssl called processor.inc
The page info I added,is in vbscript.
When I test the integration by filling out the process_order.asp page, I select Complete Order, I get:
vb compilation error 800a03f2 Expected Identifier
line 538
Web."""""""""""""""
----^

What the actual script on the page looks like:

'Get Path to PSiGate PEM file in StoreFront
Web."""""""""""""""
PemPath = Server.MapPath(".")
PemPath = PemPath & "ssl\SFLib\psigate.pem"
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I'm stumped. I have no idea 'what' an identifier is..LOL
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Best Regards, Deborah [sig]<a href=mailto:sites4retail@home.com>sites4retail@home.com</a><br><a href= and Futon Depot</a><br>[/sig]

Deborah,

I'm thinking that this error is in regards to using a keyword as a variable. Look in your DIM statements (or through your code if you don't have Option Explicit at the top (good idea to have ;-) ) and make sure of this.

Happy hunting,
Rob [sig][/sig]

Hi Rob!!
Thanks for the response!
What I've learned to date (in my ignorance, I'll add.. ;-)
That an Expected Identifier Error is:

Declared a variable, but used a VBScript reserved word for the name.
The repair is:
Choose another variable name(one that is not a VBScript reserved word) OR
Enclose the reserved word in [].

Do you know what this means, or what the reserved word, would possibly be??
Personally, I'm happy to know why..but now I need..how..LOL
Thanks again...All the Best! Deborah [sig]<a href=mailto:sites4retail@home.com>sites4retail@home.com</a><br><a href= and Futon Depot</a><br>[/sig]

Yeah, I was right (I used the word keyword rather than reserved word but hey, I was close ::) ). Unfortunately, I would need to see the entire code to help you figure out where the trouble lies. If you are willing you may e-mail me with it ( robschultz@yahoo.com ) and I would be glad to look at it. If not, I'm afraid I won't be able to be of much service :-( in this particular instance.

Rob [sig]<p>Rob<br><a href=mailto:robschultz@yahoo.com>robschultz@yahoo.com</a><br>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br>
"Focus on the solution to the problem,<br>
not the obstacles in the way."<br>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back