Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compatible Cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlvic

MIS
Jun 15, 2017
AE
Hello I have a HP printer..Buying a original its cost a lot of money.. But also saving money is also important.

So anyone here can suggest what should i Buy a compatible cartridge or a original one?

And what are disadvantage and advantage of using a compatible vs original cartridge

Thanks

Compatible cartridges are usually "refurbished" or even just "Refilled".
Using a compatible cartridge may void your HP warranty.

Knowing that, if you are going to use compatibles, make sure that you are using a vendor who will replace faulty cartridges for when (not if, but when) you have an issue.

Often, OPC Drums, wipers, and counter chips are not replaced on "compatible" cartridges; they can lead to poor print quality, or even dropping in a cartridge only to be told that it is already used.

I guess the best advice if you wish to use compatibles is "use at your own risk."

That being said, getting "X" cartridges instead of "A" cartridges (if they are available) will usually last you much longer.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

What gbaughma said is spot on. I use refurb/compatible carts all the time with LD Products. They have great customer service and will send you a replacement quickly if you have a bad cart as well as mail you a return label. You can do eBay but you get what you pay for on there.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back