Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compatible Cartridge Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

MylesDB

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2018
US
I have been repairing HP laser-jet printers since day one. I have tried everything over the years. It is so rare that you will damage a printer by using a non oem cartridge. Yes, OEM's are the best and last the longest but they're still not worth the gouging prices unless it rarely needs replacing or it's in a critical area like the Bose man.

If you need a fuser and rollers once in a while, the laserjet wholesale suppliers should give you dealer costs. Example i get p3015 cartridges for $40. Just order more then a few or wait until you can order with a fuser or other parts.

I have come to the conclusion that "new generic" cartridges are the way to go. An example the p3015 cost $40. I'm done with refurbs/recycled cartridges. From what i was told. There is only one roller manufacture so getting new generic from anybody should be the same quality. They don't last as long and occasionally you will get a crappy one and can make squealing noises. I just tell the users that is saves $80 to $100 per cartridge and they confirm your making the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back