Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compatibility issue from exchange 2003 enterprise edt. on server to clients which have office-2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

vj

Programmer
Nov 18, 2000
MU
hi guys,

i'v got a server with Windows 2003 Ent. edt. which has Exchange server 2003 ent edt. which got crashed and was resorted and recovered. now i have client machines which have windows 7 pro / windows 8.1 pro with office 2010 / 2013 standard . when i try to open up outlook on client machine i get this message "the resources you are trying to use is located on an unsupported version of ms exchange .. contact your email administrator for support"
has anyone come across this and is there any way around this problem. with me having to upgrade any thing ! ??

thankx
Vijay Singh Rawat

Outlook 2010 should not be a problem, but Outlook 2013 is not compatible with Exchange 2003.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

No trees were harmed in posting this message, however a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back