Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compatibility issue between english and french version???

Status
Not open for further replies.

keysol

Programmer
Feb 27, 2001
CA
I am truly stumped! When I test a simple formula in my english version of Approach (Windows 98/Millenium) It works as expected. But when I attempt the same test in a french version of Approach (OS/2 WARP/Approach 97), I get an error.
The following is an example of the formula in english:

if(date_recue >= Date_de_début And Date_recue <= Date_de_fin)

When I try this formula in the french version of Approach I get an error message stating that there is a missing &quot;)&quot;.

When I use the french equivalent of the formula:

Si(date_recue >= Date_de_début ET Date_recue <= Date_de_fin)

Approach returns no record found, even though I know there are many records for the period defined in the beginning date field (Date_de_début) and the ending date field (Date_de_fin).

Of course, my reflexe is to assume that there is a bug in the french version of Approach. But that is doubtful since there are many applications (french) presently functional on the company system. (I don't have access to the code for these applications.)

So, simply, my question is:
What am I doing wrong?

Gérald

1) try using the &quot;&&quot; character instead of &quot;ET&quot;

2) if any of the fields are variable-type, make sure they are on the right side of the comparison and not on the left side of the operator.

I do not have the French version of Approach, so these are merely suggestions. You might find more French users on XpertSS.com!

Sue Sloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back