Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compatability chart for mics to nam

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdisatech

Technical User
Jan 3, 2007
US
I am in a bind i have a customer that doesnt have a key to phone closet til maintenance guy gets back next week and they want to move 48 more people into the office. I need to get a fiber nam as they have a startalk rel 4.0 now and it is maxed out. Problem is I dont know the release of the switch cause i cant get at the system to see it til next week. I got the system version thru maint set and it says 30bkg02nat. The cust is short on cash and doesnt want to upgrade the s/w they just want a compatible NAM. Any help would be appreciated.

I think that is a 5.0 you can get 6.1 s/w for around $100 and that will work with a nam 4.1
I have never heard of a startalk 4.0 I think the last startalk rel is 2.0 It may be a flash 4?

Mistake I made on similar was to try and jump to 7.x with no 6.1 sw to step up.

Just bought a complete fiber 4.1 NAM for about $250 + shipping. Worked like a charm. Does the switch have a fiber card with available ports?

You dont need to upgrade as you have 5.0 in KSU, 4.1 NAM will be what you need and possibly a Fiber Exp card 2 or 6 port if you dont have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back