Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compare to other fields in find mode? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elwood00

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
US
I have a report form, where I want people allow to pick the date range.

So I thought, I would create script that enters into find mode and then would pull the value out of a table (which basically holds all my global values) that contains the start and end date. However, when I am in the specify search window of the find mode command, my options seem to be very limited and it does not seem to give me a choice to compare to values from other fiels - am I approaching this the wrong way?

Thanks

I'm asuming you are using FM7.

Your script needs to be like this

Enter Find Mode[]
Insert Calculated Results[Select;Date_Range_Field;Start_Date_Field & "..." & End_Date_Field)
Perform Find[]

Note: Enter Find Mode[] and Perform Find[] should have the specify find request unchecked. The Insert Calculated Results handles the find request criteria. you can have as many Insert Calculated Results step as you need.

Hope that Helps
John

Okay I want to find the group larger than the middle of the found set. I tried
Enter Find Mode[]
Insert calculated results[<(get(found count)/2
Perform Find[]
But it said that was a invalid calculation. Can you not just use a formula to find?
I also tried work around with getting the value from the record and pasting it but I could never figure out a way to put the < sign in.

Are you trying to take for example 10 records but only display the last 5?

Is the order of the records by record creation?

I figured it out with the old paste method. I paste in the ? sign then the value that I copied from the middle cell. Quite a few steps but it worked! I kept missing the button that wiped out with the second paste what I had already put into the field, but once I found that check box all was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back