Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compare data in WorkSheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

amecari

Technical User
Mar 21, 2001
BR
Hi,
I need a help in this:
I have a worksheet PLAN1 PLAN2
Collumn a = brown brown
Collumn b = red red
collumn c = blue green,
I need in PLAN3 :
if plan1!a1 = plan2!a1 /I have Plan3!a1 = Plan1!a1 or Plan2!a1,
IF plan1!a1 DIFERENT plan2!a1/ I have Plan3!a1 = *****
How can I write this ????

Thanks very much.

I'm sure I can help but I'm not sure what you mean! If Plan1!a1 and Plan2!a1 are the same (ie Red) - what do you want to see in Plan3!a1?
Also, if If Plan1!a1 and Plan2!a1 are different(ie blue/green) - what do you want to see in Plan3!a1?

Hi,

Is this what you want?
Code:
=IF(Plan1!A1=Plan2!A1,Plan1!A1,"*****")
Skip,
metzgsk@voughtaircraft.com

I'm not sure if I have sufficient knowledge to attempt to answer this but there are several points about your enquiry that are not clear to me - they may not be clear to others with more experience either(??)

Firstly, I assume that the colours of the columns are not relevant.

You say <<if plan1!a1=plan2!a1/I have Plan3!a1=Plan1! or Plan2!a1 ...>>

Let's stop here for a moment. What do you want Plan3!a1 to show if
plan1!a1 does = plan2!a1 ?? Usually, this would be a calculation of some sort, or possibly copy the contents of plan1!a1.

You then say <<IF plan1!a1 DIFFERENT plan2!a1/I have Plan3!a1=*****>>

Does the cell Plan3!a1 actually display &quot;******&quot;?? If so, this would indicate that the answer is too large to display in the cell - try widening the column.

The IF THEN ELSE statement can be difficult to implement. Have you looked at the Help file for this topic?

If you could be a little more precise about what you are trying to achieve, I am sure that someone will be able to help you.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back