Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compare Business Days Month over Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

progenysend

Technical User
Feb 15, 2008
US
Hi,

I'm trying to do a comparison across a year in a crosstab and graph. I want compare the each business day by first business day of the month... second business day of the month... etc. I know how to do this with variables, but I can't get that to graph. Does anyone have a formula for this?

Thanks

I've never done this, but you should be able to use DatePart to identfy day numbers and thus weekends, and adjust. So if the 2nd of a month is a Monday, subtract 1. If it were a Saturday or Sunday, make it 0 whatever the day of the week.

Can't promise it would work, try it.

The only other way I can see would be do an Excel spreadsheet prepared with dates and seqence of business days in a month.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back