Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compare billing statements 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

djgolds

Technical User
Dec 11, 2000
US
Is there a way to do an Unmatched Query and use multiple fields for the comparison? What I'm trying to accomplish is to compare a line-by-line billing from a vendor with my own billing spreadsheet and I need to match on address, service date, equipment, and dollar amount to determine any discrepancies in their billing. Any help or guidance is appreciated!

You can set a relationship between each of the fields in the query window, choosing "Include all records from TableA and only those from TableB where the joined field is equal" (I think that's the wording), where TableA is the table which will show unmatched records. It is necessary to set the relationship for each of the fields, as far as I recall.

In general
Code:
Select A.*

From myBillingTable A LEFT JOIN VendorBillings B
     ON  A.address = V.address
     AND A.[Service Date] = V.[Service Date]
     AND A.Equipment = V.Equipment
     AND A.Amount = V.Amount

Where V.Address IS NULL 
   OR V.[Service Date] IS NULL
   OR V.Equipment IS NULL
   OR V.Amount IS NULL
Will give you the records in "myBillingTable" that do not match any record (for any of those four fields) in "VendorBillings".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back