Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq UPS T1000h to replace APC Smart-UPS 1400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB100

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
I have been using an APC Smart-UPS 1400 with a Compaq ML370 G1 running Windows 2003 Server for about 12-months; it worked perfectly with the built-in UPS features of Windows 2003. I have recently got hold of a Compaq T1000h UPS and wish to replace the APC with it.
The UPS is working but I have hit a couple of issues:

1. The Serial Connection between the Compaq UPS and the Server must use a different cable than the standard APC one - does anyone know the pinouts?

2. There is no built-in support for Compaq UPS's in Windows 2003 - the options are None, APC or Generic. Will any of these work )obviously except none...) or do I need some Compaq/HP specific software to manage the UPS? I would rather just use the built-in Windows stuff.

All I want is the ability for the server to sense the UPS has switched to battery and if AC power is not restored after a period of time it will do a graceful shutdown. As I said this worked perfectly with the APC Smart-UPS 1400 but this has been promised to someone else now I have the Compaq T1000h.

Thanks

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back