Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq UPS R3000 Ground Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

lardum

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2000
SE
Hi,

Anyone know what to do if the diagnostic LED is signalling red and Compaq INsight Manager tells you that there is a "Utility Ground Fault Detection"?

You are having problems with the ground conection in the outlet in wich you have pluged the UPS.
You must call an electrician! But before you may want to try conecting the UPS in other outlet to vheck, or replace the input cable.
If the problem is in the outlet, the reason could be the conection inside the outlet box or in other splice-box from wich the outlet line was feeded. On the other extreme, the problem could be in the electrical pannel.
If the problem occurs in every outlet the problem could be the neutral-to-ground bonding.
If you need future help just letme know!

Jose P. Mir.-

Thanks for the advise. Spoke to Compaq yesterday and they say that i need to rewire the cables in the outlet. The strange thing is that i have 3 UPS'es of which i get the error on 2 of these and the last one works fine.

Actually i do have one electrician here today to give us more outlets and ill let him take a look.

Again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back