Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Smartstart DL360

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljg

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
I have a Proliant DL360 server, 1st generation (1266) and I need to load Server 2003 on it. The smartstart disks I have aren't helping me very much. 5.x disk I have only allows me to install win2k (2003 is not an option) and the 7.00 disk I have doesn't deploy to that model server.

What version of smartstart do I need or is there a way to trick ver 5.x into allowing me to install 2003?

Thanks
LJG

version 6.40 I believe

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

You need to install manually since the latest SmartStart 5.50 for the G1 DL360 doesn't support the automated install of Windows Server 2003.
You need to select the 'Manual Install' button when running SmartStart and once the diagnostic partition is installed you install Windows 2003 from the MS CD.

HTH

Andy

Andy is correct.

When you set it up with smartstart 5.5 use the windows 2000 setting. Then boot from and install the MS cd as usual.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back