Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq RIB cards.....can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmorris123

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2002
GB
....I currently have several Proliant Servers with RIB cards in them. The servers are running NT and I was wondering whether anyone knew of (or could point me to a location) of software that allows me to configure the RIB's under the OS. At the moment I have to down the servers before I can get into the RIB and would be an ever so useful tool.

All help is appreciated! Thanks

What do you want to configure? You can usually configure everything from network settings to user management using your Internet Browser by going to the RIB IP Address as you normally would when you want to access the server via the RIB.

The options should be available under the Administration menu on the left-hand side.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

That sort of thing is fine and the web agent works okay. The problem is that we have servers that are going into different offices throughout the UK. Sometimes we have problems with the rib cards (say wrong IP address, DNS, WINS etc)and the RIB's aren't on the network. Is there any kind of utility that can mean that we can access the rib's through the OS? (which is on the network)

Hi Neil,

Yes there is a util that will do this.
Look on the Compaq support site for RIB control panel.
Put RIB.cpl into your windows\system32 folder and you can access through control panel. It's about 120K.

System will need to have Compaq agents including RIB agent installed for it to work though.
It's very handy when you move a RIB board from one site to another, damn things never seem to pick up a new DHCP address from the new site. Hang onto the old ones like grim death.

Hi there,

I have a question related to this - when I try to run the RIB.CPL utility it comes up with the following error:

"Remore Insight Board Driver is not responding. Verify that CPQRIB is installed and running"

This appears to be due to the fact that the driver used by the RIB on this server (DL360 G3) is CPQCIDRV.SYS. Having checked on a server where the RIB.CPL utility does work, it is using CPQRIB.SYS.

Is there a way to get this utility working with this new RIB driver?

Thanks in anticipation,

Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back