Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq ProLiant not booting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairlight

Technical User
Feb 1, 2006
US
Well for some reason I'm compelled to take stuff apart even tho they aren't broken and it always end up with a problem.

Anyway I tryed looking for a model but I couldn't find one but I can try and decribe it as best as possible.

Its a rack proliant system with 6 Scsi bays,700+Mhz dual p3,Single stick 512mb with 2 PSU.

At one point it did work and as of today I decided to take both cpus out,ram and tryed messing with Processor power module but failed at it.

After taking them out I decided I should put them in and setup the system and go out for lunch. After placing both cpus and the single 512 stick in and closed everything I booted the system up and no picture would appear. I've looked at all the lights and it seems to have no indication of anything abnormal besides it not booting up. All the lights are green in the front and the cd drive blinks a few times and the harddrives seem to work .

Any suggestions on what I should do? Do you think its those Processor power modules that I messed with thats causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back