Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Proliant ML370G2 and HP LTO Ultrium 215 Tape Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYBERPING

Technical User
Dec 17, 2002
DE
Hello @ All,

i've got problems with Compaq Proliant ML 370G2 Server and HP Ultrium 215e Tape Drives. Server's OS is Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, the tape drive is connected trough internal SCSI 3 Controllers. Server is configured with an Smartarray 5i RAID Controller Option Card. I'm talking about an amount of 20 Compaq Servers and 20 HP Ultrium Tape Drives with same OS and HW Configuration. On HP Website this Configuration is approved with SCSI Controller Driver Version 6.1.545.100.

We're (sometimes) experiencing Trouble with missing streaming Mode und High Temperature on Tape Drives. Most of the ultrium drives are running properly with Legato Networker 6.2, the output of HP Support Tickets shows different States of Tape Drives (Streaming Mode missing, OK, Drives was running with hot temperature).

HP Support told us about internal Compaq SCSI Controller running configured as a RAID Controller since Controller worked on a Adress 2/0.247.0 (Output from HP Support Ticket). The Communication between SCSI Controller und Tape Drive would run on 8 Bit Mode. With Compaq Support, I got no further Information and Solution.

Is anybody experiencing same Trouble or knows an solution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back