Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Proliant 7000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managers

MIS
Sep 15, 2006
US
I have a Compaq Proliant 7000 Server, running Novell 3.12. I had a three 9.1 GB Wide-Ultra SCSI Drive and one those drives failed to initialized.
Here's the screen message:
-Slot 5 Compaq SMART-2/P Array Controller (rev. C, V1.94)
-1 Logical drive 1784-Slot 5 Drive Array drive Failure
-The following SCSI Drive should be replaced SCSI port 1: SCSI ID 0.

Question:
If i just change the SCSI Hard Drive, is it everything will automatically syncronized with the new SCSI hard drive? or is there something else to do: like partitioning again, what about the existing NOVELL and data on it?

Thanking you in advanced, i'm hoping someone can help me out to solve this...

Will

Hi

Sound like a RAID 5 SCSI drive set otherwise your Netware server would have crashed or data would be lost. If this is the case all you need to do is replace the drive and allow time for the drive to resync it self - this may take an hour or so depending on the size of the drive.
If you have lost data then you will ned to replace the faulty drive and restore the data back to its orignal loaction and you should be OK (hopefully its not your SYS volume).
Any post again here if you have more question or alternative their is a Netware 3.x forum on tek-tips as well.

Regards

David
CNE3,4 and 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back