Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq NX 9005 Laptop locks up booting on Battery Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

creepyc

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2002
GB
Compaq NX 9005 Laptop locks up booting on Battery Power
No Keyboard or Mouse response prior to the CTRL - ALT - DELETE screen

It's works fine running on AC Power

It also works fine if you boot with AC Power and remove the power lead once Windows has started.

Downloaded / Installed all of the upto date BIOS Updates and Power Managment enhancments

The laptop is a 2.4Ghz AMD Athlon, 512MB RAM, No additional extras.

I've run some battery tests and all seems fine, I've also swapped out the battery with a known good system and the problem still occurs.

I'm at the stage of formating the system but I'm unsure if this is the right solution.

Any help would be welcome

No luck .... Already checked out the article and the Battery does not qualify for a swap out.

Running some further battery tests at the moment but there does not seem to be an issue with it, it's only starting the Laptop up without AC power that casues it to hang.
As mentioned this is not specific to one battery I've tried two others.

I'm currently looking at Power Managment software on the AMD site but I'm pretty sure this won't help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back