Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Monitors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

B14speedfreak

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
Hi All,

I have been having issues with this Monitor. Essentially I bought this second user system from my work, quite a good spec for the price, which is for a friend. Unfortunatly there was no VDU included.

Anyway my friend managed to source an old Compaq 470 monitor, its about 14inch, runs between 50 - 60 mhz. It was built in 1993! (bit of an antique really)...

The system uses XP Pro with the latest updates applied, and works fine with a 17" CTX monitor, it uses an on board graphics card, not sure what type, but it has the latest drivers intstalled. However it doesn't work with this Compaq monitor. I either get split screens, or a rediciously low resulation making the PC unusable.

Unfortunately Compaq are now owned by HP, and on the support site, the drivers don't appear to go back that far. I have had a search of the net, but carn't just find any drivers that will work.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

B14... aka... Marky Mark... the frozen monkey in the server room...

A 14" monitor from 1993 isn't likely to support a resolution higher than 640x480, and yes, that will make Windows XP mostly unusable. This monitor pre-dates Windows XP by 8-9 years, and plug and play by at least five years. The odds of there being anything to make it work with Windows XP are remote at best.

Thanks for that, thought it would be the case.

Thanks,

B14... aka... Marky Mark... the frozen monkey in the server room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back