Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Modem Installation in Presario 2120

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbj

MIS
May 22, 2001
US
I have a Compaq Presario 2120 that I am working on. I am trying to install the Modem for it. It is a CO-3314WMD. When I try to install it it first's asks me for the attcom.VxD file. I got around this problem by copying the file from a different PC. Then It asked me for the attmodem.ini file . I have been unable to find this file anywhere. During the installation of both file, it asked me for the Windows CD. (I loaded both Windows 95 & Windows 98 operating systems, trying to accomplish this), but it alway's say's it cannot find the file.

I do not have the Quick Restore CD for this machine (and certainly not going to buy one at this point). I cannot install a different internal modem because of the way the chassis is designed (it will only acccept this modem), besides, I know this one works. Any Ideas ????

i am working on a Compaq Presario 2100 and it has this same modem I was wondering if you have ever found the correct drivers for this?

I wound up having to Purchase the Quick Restore & Doing a complete restore of the system. There was no other way (I also purchased a modem for it, but I don't think that was the problem).

I just put Windows XP Pro on a Compaq presario notebook, 1260. The install went just fine, however the modem will not work. I have checked everywhere and cannot find support for this modem on any os later than 98. Anyone have a solution?
Thanks, Chuck
sales@amdata.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back