Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq ML370 G1 Smart Array Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

snight123

Technical User
Mar 12, 2007
GB
HI,

I have a Compaq Ml370 G1 with the integrated Smart Array Controller. I am trying to Install Sco O/S 5.0.6 but with no joy.

I have the latest EFS available V5.4a (I think) for Sco Openserver that contains the BTLD's for the controller.

I think that the controller uses the IDA driver rather than the CISS driver as the CISS is for the 431 cards upwards.

If anyone can tell me if i am correct in thinking i need to be using the IDA driver. Also if anyone can help guide me through the install steps it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Check here, choose the SCO version, and see if you can get the driver you need:

Are you just doing an install or are you using SmartStart? You may find that using SmartStart (v5.5 for this server) will help.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I have downloaded the EFS which is supposed to contain the drivers for the Smart Array Controller but when i load the drivers into the installaton of Sco it just fails being unable to find the controller.

I have a copy of Smartstart 5.3 and 5.4 but both no longer support assisted install of SCO Openserver, which is a pitty but i suppose as Sco Openserver 5 is now almost dead they have moved on.

I cant seem to find a link via HP's site to get a copy of 5.5 to see if this does support assisted install SCO Openserver 5. I did before use the Smartstart V5.3 to set up the array in the compaq array manager, but this does notdo anything in SCO.

If you want SmartStart v5.5, use the link above and select Windows 2000 as the OS, then choose Software - CD

"Insert funny comment in here!"

Thanks. I'll try and download that and see if this is has an assisted install for Sco Openserver on it.

have you tried the clad driver...we used this with some of the ml350 g1's (never used any of the 370's)

hi, thanks i'll give it a go and see if it works. I'm struggling to find a list of which drivers are for which array controller.

Thanks Stanhubble , the clad driver worked a treat. All i've got to do know is get the network card working.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back