Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Fibre Channel SAN switch HELLLL....P

Status
Not open for further replies.

newBPhoneGuy

Technical User
Dec 12, 2005
US
hello everyone im have a bit of an issue with this 8 port fibre channel san switch. I connect a network cable between the switch and a dl360 and connot telnet to the default address...It is possible that someone has changed the address and did not write it down.....so i try to connect a serial connection but nothing ever happenes.... all of the status LED are amber cept the network connection led is green the power led is green....if i insert a gbic into one of the ports and connect it to something else the status like stays amber.....so there is definitely something fishy going on here.......is there anyone that can help really what i want to do is be able to telnet or connect to the serial port to change the IP.... also is there some kind of hard switch or button somewhere that i can press.....

thanks in advance
Brain

ok i got the serial port to work now i think i need to boot the switch but im not sure when i do a @ to boot it says the ethernet address is invalid

oh hahaha sorry i thought you said "make a model"...... all it says is

Fibre Channel SAN Switch/8 with Fabric Operating Software
158222-B21

sorry about that

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back