Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Evo N400C

Status
Not open for further replies.

pritska

Technical User
Aug 13, 2001
KE
I have rebuilt one of these with Windows XP. All drivers are loaded fine, except one which is a USB Device.
The computer sits on a docking station of sorts. In device manager, the item is listed with the yellow exclamation mark. USB device on Location 0.
I have trawled HP/Compaq site but cannot find what this driver could be, so I can install the correct file for it.
I was just wondering if someone out there has a similar computer and managed to demistify this strange USB device.

Download and install the XP chipset drivers.Should then see the usb. Ed

I have done both of the above, installed the softpaq from compaq site, and USB is definately enabled in BIOS. I have taken the laptop off the docking station, but the exclamation mark is still there, so it's something to do with the laptop itself.
There is some Wireless LAN stuff that is supposedly an option on this machine. I am pretty sure that this option is NOT installed on this particular machine.

nothing. two usb ports on the actual laptop, one on either side of the machine. two on the docking station. not that it matters, as the device is on the laptop, not the docking station.

Hi!
Can you check the device manager
You should have :
Some or one PCI to USB host controller
Some ore one USB host controller
Some USB root HUB

All you need to do is go to the WindowsUpdate site and install the USB drivers for it. I've done this many times... rebuilt many Evo's.

Good luck
J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back