Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Evo N1020v wont boot....Please HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

czchrn7k

MIS
Aug 7, 2004
US
It first started in intermitents....sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesnt.....and now it doesnt anymore....I'm really not thinking about ma files r'now....got them all on an external as backup...When the system is powered on the lights stay on ...but nuthin is seen on the screen....plugged in an external monitor...d same..so its definelty not the screen....knew that...but just needed some confirmation....I removed d RAM and brushed any dirt of the slot....also cleaned the heads of the RAM with a clean A4 sheet....I'm still not making any headway..please give me some suggestions..
Thanks

Hi,

You say you've plugged in an external monitor when the laptop screen is blank and that external does not produce an image either? Either the graphics card is dead (no image on both screens is bad news) or you may need to activate the external video using the 'FN' key options.

Let us know,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back