Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compaq drive with pluggable option kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wile666

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2005
US
I previously posted about the drives and didn't get any responses so I'll take a different approach. I have compaq drives 9.1 gb wide ultra scsi-3 which I bought I got off ebay without realizing they had the puggable option kit. since the kit is not compatible with my mega raid controller is there another type of controller I could use. The server is an older one, but not a compaq.
I hate to think I'm stuck with drives I can't use.

plugable option? do you mean hotswap what is the model of the drives and what kind of server do tyou have

The drives are p/n 313706-b21 9.1 gb
The server is custom made. Dual PII 233, MegaStar P6-kdi MB, Adaptec AIc-7800 Ultra, MegaRaid Ultra PCI Disk Array controller. The old drives are in SI-024 storage kits. The old drives are 4gb and one crashed. I just want to use this as a test/intranet server.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back