Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq drive array physical drive threshold exceeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

monet1369

MIS
Sep 23, 2002
US
Hello Everyone,

I received this error in the event log on our Compaq Proliant ML370 server running Windows 2000. "Compaq drive array physical drive threshold exceeded. What does this mean and how serious is the problem?

Thanks,

Amy

simply means that your disks are filling (tresholds are e.g. 80% or 90%)

nothing to break your head on ;-) but something to keep in mind

/Bart

I am having a hard time believing that. I also encountered that message on my Proliant 6000, and the complete text is:

Compaq Drive Array Physical Drive Threshold Exceeded. The physical drive in slot 9, port 2, bay 4 with serial number "WT7060300259", has exceeded a drive threshold.
[SNMP TRAP: 3030 in CPQIDA.MIB]

The drive specified in the above message is one 18.2 GB drive out of a RAID 5-array with 11 drives (plus one hot spare). "Filling" only makes sense with regard to the complete RAID-array, not regarding a single drive in it. There must be a better explanation.

if it's one disk like that - to me it's a preemptive failure alert
hp will replace it for nothing - definately on a 370 unless it's a g1 - 6000 probably not as that will be 5 year old ish ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back