Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq DLT8000 tape drive hung and tape status shows "updating" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAARCSERVE

Technical User
Jun 3, 2011
US
I recently attached Compaq DLT8000 tape drive (with single tape loader) and went through the device configuration. Now i can see the drive listed under devices in the Brightstore Arcserve Backup (r11.1 Build3200). When i load a tape inside the drive since then it is showing "updating" status. I have a screen shot but i just don't know how can i attach here in the forum. Please help what do i need to do to fix the problem.

Thank you.

kaddy

This can be caused by any number of environmental type problems.

Disable the Removable Storage Service.
Try disabling the drive and library in older configurations that often helps since it precludes the possibility of conflicting applications.
update the SCSI controller driver.
make sure each device has a unique SCSI ID LUN.
ck Event Viewer System & Application logs.
If the tapes were last used by a different application try erasing them first.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. My manager has decided to sent unit for repair.

Thanks again.

I am sorry but this solution didn't work. It still says updating in the status window.

sorry I don't understand, a solution was not provided, only troubleshooting suggestions.

is there any other troubleshooting tip that i can try about this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back