Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq DLT Library 35/70(model 3570-2) - Backup Exec 9.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

efector

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
US
I have a Compaq DLT Library 3570-2 trying to run on BackupExec 9.1 with Win2K3. The problem I am having is that when I use the OEM drivers, it seems to recognize the library until I install BackupExec. Its almost as though Windows and BackupExec are fighting over the tape library. Should I install the Veritas drivers or should I use the Windows drivers? What is the most sure-fire way to get this to work???

Make sure you disable the removable storage manager to stop contention for the library. You will also want to uninstall the OEM drivers and use the Backup Exec provided drivers.

I don't use the Compaq...I have a Dell Powervault 136T and all I needed to do was install the Veritas drivers. I didn't have to disable to uninstall anything.

-SQLBIll

We use Compaq tapes and there was a point in the veritas install that you should have said "use existing drivers". We use compaq servers and they need the OEM drivers to run right.Veritas should have giving you the option of which drivers to use. I don't know who to change them once they're using them. Try going to compaq for drivers. Don't use windows drivers or if you do and get it to work please post how you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back