Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq DL360

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMPUTEL

Technical User
Apr 2, 2005
CA
I bought 3 compaq DL360's. I have no disks or cds. How do I load a operating system on them?

It is a DL360 Dual PIII 800 512MB PC133 2x18.9GB 10K Ultras Scsi-2

When it boots it shows
512MB Detected
Compaq System BIOS - P21 (11/15/2002

Processor 1 Initialized at 800/133 Mhz with 256Kbyte Cache
Processor 2 Initialized at 800/133 Mhz with 256Kbyte Cache

Compaq Intergrated Smart Array Controller (v1.42) 1 logical drives

Does this look like there is any problems or is this what it should show.

How do I access this machines bios?
what do I need to install a operating system on this machine? I tried to install a os but the scsi drives are not reconized by the os.

Thanks

You will need SmartStart 5.5 to configure the hardware. You can order the CD only, no download available for this version. You can download the System Configuration Utility, and do the configuration via 4 floppy disks. Go to and from the main page select drivers downloads. You will then enter your system model DL360, and select the appropriate model and OS for your system. There will be a long list of available drivers, and this should be in the Software/System Management/Compaq System Configuration Utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back