Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compaq dl320 g1 not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

apeindex

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
GB
we have tried just about everything with this server. we have changed the motherboard,cpu,psu several times with no joy! the symptoms are always the same no hdu light,no health light, power light on, but no video or any beep codes to tell us whats wrong?

can anyone help!

Probably the motherboard, although it could be the processor? Have you tried replacing the processor (make sure you get the thermal compound on the new one on correctly....). Other than that I would replace the motherboard.
The G1 DL320 is quite old now - how about replacing it?

Andy

Have you tried booting it with no PCI cards in? Have you tried swapping the memory too?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

hi,

thanks for the replies,

I currently have the motherboard on the bench with minimum requirements. 128mb mem, psu, cpu, power switch. still no joy!!

we have changed the m/board 4 times, cpu 3 times, psu 3 times.
memory has been changed out also. I am about ready to throw this junk in the river!!

cheers T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back